Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Looking back, I look ahead with Faith!

Dec 30th, 2009 sitting in office with not much work to do… realizing what a wonderful God I worship… I write…

Wow... One whole year just flew by...Just when we thought we can’t get thru this year in one piece... It’s over :)
Sitting back and thinking of all the wonderful times, the painful ones, the fun I had, the regrets, things I wished I did, things I wished I never did.... wow! There’s a lot that went into those 365 days! My God! How did I ever come across all those Valleys and mountains? simple!.. Jesus was right there...Even when I didn't realize He was there working for me... He knew just how much I could take and handle in any situation; He knew exactly what was going to happen tomorrow when I was panicking, He knew exactly how to encourage me... He knew exactly how to teach me a lesson... He knew exactly how to comfort me. When I was wrong, He gave me a knock on my head and pointed to me the right way, patiently, every time. He knew exactly how to make me a stronger person. He has been, He is and He will be Lord over my life and everyone else's.

The unknown is always scary. What does the New Year hold for me? I'm not sure, there would be good times and lots of difficult times too. But if I focus on the worries of life alone I'm never going to be happy, and fear is not something from God. I remember Sammy ka quoting the verse 1Tim1:7 to me “for God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." So I've decided to focus on My All powerful Father Jesus Christ who brought me thru the last 24 yrs of my life... God's been teaching me this - When things get tough and unpleasant, and your starting to think what next! Remember the past! How God has brought you through worst situations in the past. If He can do it then, He can do it now. He is more powerful than I can ever imagine. Its amazing when you look back into life and think, Wow how did I survive that! Ha ha.. J

:) So with New hope and strength, knowing Jesus holds my future and claiming Jer 29:11 " For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I head into the New Year :)

All that God asks me in return is just a little bit of Faith in him and to trust him, too bad often we don't realize it and too bad we often worry and disappoint him...Help Me Lord to have More faith in you and may it grow each day, give me the wisdom I need to live a life pleasing to you, to take care of my family and friends... Hold my hand and Lead me on Lord :) Just Hold my Hand!...

Hold my hand while traveling through this land
Hold me with your precious nail pierced hands
Lead me on the tangle winding way
Lead me on and never let me stray... Never let me stray...

Hold my hand and lead me on
Hold my hand and lead me on
Never from thy side I want to roam
Till my task on earth is done
And my race on earth is run
Lead me on till heaven is my home...

[Hold my Hand - Old Old Old Bain School choir song…Every generation in the Bain school choir would have sung this song. Honestly, as a little kid I didn’t realize what I sang back then. I used to love the tune and the harmony... Now it’s a prayer that comes from deep with in! Thank God for precious memories!]




No comments:

Post a Comment